Start Date: 14 May, 2019 End Date: 31 May, 2019 Nunavut-wide 60 sec
The Department of Family Services is accepting proposals for projects in 2019-2020 that support community based parenting and childrearing workshops and aim to rebuild and strengthen Inuit traditional childrearing teachings and practices.
Non-profit organizations, societies and municipal organizations can apply for funding for projects that:
• revitalize the wisdom and practices of Inunnguiniq;
• support healing and wellness for parents and their families;
• strengthen the roles of family and community in child rearing;
• develop supports targeted at fathers;
• develop supports for single mothers;
• develop and or enhance parenting support networks;
• support the development of parenting skills; and/or
• support home visiting or parent mentorship.
For an application package, please contact Myna Kiguktak, Public Engagement Planner, at MKiguktak1@GOV.NU.CA or 867-975-5212.
The deadline to apply is May 29, 2019, at 5 p.m. (EDT).